Saturday, May 29, 2010

Stanley Cup Finals

I've read all i can read about the Stanley Cup finals between Philadelphia and Chicago. There is nothing else for me to do except write a few sentences about the way I feel about this series. I know this: this series can go either way and no one should be surprised at the outcome. This has seventh-game potential. I know all about Philadelphia's Chris Pronger's size and intimidation. I know about the 3-0 comeback against Boston. I know all about the skill of Chicago's Patrick Kane. I know all about the goalies and how neither of them was the starter at the beginning of the season. Thus far both teams have been very polite. That will change in a hurry. I'm pulling for the Hawks because this franchise was left for dead less than three years ago. Their season ticket base was down to 3,400. Two seasons ago they missed the playoffs. Then they changed the way they do business. They drafted well. They selected Kane as the number one overall pick and he's turned out to be even better then advertised. They reconnected with their fan base. They brought back legends Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita and made them ambassadors. They brought back goaltender Tony Esposito into the fold. This franchise hasn't won the Stanley Cup in 49 years. It's time. I don't think either team is a great team, but I do think it will be a great series. In a previous blog I mentioned that if the Flyers win the Stanley Cup, I'm moving to the Congo. That still applies. In fact I've already called my travel agent to make arrangements. But I don't plan on booking a flight. It's just not going to happen. It's that time people. It's time to drop the puck.

No comments:

Post a Comment