Sunday, May 23, 2010

Potpourri

From where I sit...
There is not much difference between Floyd Landis and Sammy "The Bull" Gravano. OK, a few minor differences, but on balance pretty much the same...They should rename the French Open the "Rafael Nadal Invitational..." Something is very wrong with Mr. Wright. David Wright has struck out 58 times. He's ahead of last year's pace when he whiffed 140 times...Helio Castroneves won the pole for the Indianapolis 500. There was a time when that would be considered major news. In Sunday's New York Daily News it registered a paragraph. One stinkin' paragraph...There's a part of me that's pulling for Milton Bradley...I almost forgot to mention that Nadal leads the head-to-head rivalry with Roger Federer 14-7, which goes to show you that styles make fights...I'm not saying fans of Derek Jeter should be worried, but he's batting .267...At least for the moment the Cincinnati Reds are baseball's "It Team." They've won 10 games in their final at-bat, the most in the majors...Bradley seems to feel that his worth as a human being is connected to his ability to hit a baseball and that's just sad...I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea that the Flyers are one game from advancing to the Stanley Cup finals...A 16-year old kid, just a junior in high school, shot a 67 in a PGA Tour event...It's been a good week for teens with that kid climbing Mt. Everest...On Tuesday afternoon, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell may announce that the 2014 Super Bowl will be awarded to New York. Just bring your overcoat and stop whining...The arrival of Stephen Strasburg reminds me of the arrival of the shark from Jaws. You know it's coming, but you just can't stop it. I can even here the music...Nice little dust-up between Albert Pujols and Tony LaRussa...This is the 14th season of inter league play. Some say its lost its luster. I'm not one of them...Back to Strasburg. He has two ex-Secret Service agents guarding him. He only talks to the media after his starts. He cannot be approached at his locker for an interview...Tampa Bay has just a $72.8 million payroll, but they're threatening to run away with the entire American League.

Well sports fans, that's it. I'm done blogging for the day. I think I'm going to start blogging a couple of times during the week instead of nearly every day. Additionally, I think I need to write shorter blogs. It's just taking me too much effort to compose a satisfactory blog. I ask you to please bear with me while I experiment. I'm in new territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment